It's that time of year again! One of Nova Scotia’s annual local food celebrations kicked off August 7 in Harmony Park in Summerville, Hants shore with the first of 12 Incredible Picnics taking place across the province, organized by Select Nova Scotia.
Locally produced fruits, vegetables, meat, breads, dairy and drinks will be served by local chefs and food producers. These annual events engage and educate Nova Scotians on how they can support their local food producers. The full slate of picnics taking place this year are:
- Aug. 13, Dempsey Corner Orchards, Aylesford, Kings Co., 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Aug. 14, Memorial Park, Kentville, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Aug. 21, Annapolis Royal Farmers Market, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Halifax Waterfront, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Aug 21. Chisholm Park, Antigonish, noon to 4 p.m.
- Aug. 21 Wentworth Park, Sydney, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Aug. 21 Muir Murray Estates Winery, Wolfville, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Aug. 24, Truro Farmers Market, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Aug. 28, Noggins Corner Farm, Greenwich, Kings Co., 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.,
- Aug 28. Evan's Family Farm Market, Wilmot, Annapolis Co., 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sept. 11, Beacon Park, Yarmouth, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For more information about Incredible Picnics and other Select Nova Scotia initiativees, visit selectnovascotia.ca.